Skip to main content

The Deeper Life

I'm currently reading a book by Calvin Miller, entitled "Into the Depths of God" - Publisher: Bethany House. I am half way through the book and this part has caused me to read and re-read several times.

quote pg 105 of book:
"I see three distinct dangers in the pursuit of God. The first danger is that the pursuit of holiness breeds its own inner addiction. Since we have already examined the pitfall, there remains little to say except this: Always look for evidences that you are loving the wrong things. If you love the quiet retreats that you create in order to meet God, you may not love God at all but only the pointless discipline of quietness. If you love the literature of the saints more than you desire to emulate their holiness, you are too much the captive of your reading and not the servant of your Lord. If you seem to talk a lot about prayer but pray very little, you are seeking only a godly mystique and not God himself."


silence



It's so true, sometimes I mistake the form for worship and adoration of God. Not form, no matter how spiritual the form is. Heart of worship without the noise is still not worship unless my love for God goes deep. Then again, going deep is still a vague idea unless my love for God translates into obedience to God, at any cost.




"When I look into your holiness
When I gaze into your loveliness
When all things that surrounds me
Becomes shadows in the light of You"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stand Still and Let God Move

Stand Still - By The Isaacs The Father has a plan. Though it's hard to see it now You feel you're walking all alone. But He is there no doubt When the storm around you rages, And you're tossed to and fro When you're faced with life's decisions, Not sure which way to go Stand still and let God move, Standing still is hard to do When you feel you have reached the end, He'll make a way for you Stand still and let God move When the enemy surrounds you, And the walls are closing in When the tide is swiftly rising, And you wonder where He's been Friend, there never was a moment, That His arms weren't reaching out You can rest assured and be secure, God is moving right now Stand still and let God move, Standing still is hard to do When you feel you have reached the end, He'll make a way for you Stand still and let God move Go to youtube.com search for Stand Still + Isaacs. Very beautiful song with meaningful lyrics.

truth hurts but it heals too

2 nights ago, I asked a very close friend of mine if I am an insistent person. Haha.. without any second thoughts, she said yes. Wow, that drove a long nail right through my heart. If you ask, you'll get the answers. Of course, initially I would think to myself, I do not think I am an insistent person all the time but I only insist when I am sure about certain things close to my heart i.e. when I have been seeking God about it or it is IN my system due to long periods of conditioning e.g. spiritually or just my personal value system. That analysis certainly made me felt better but it also got me reflecting (truth heals). As I thought through, certainty about something for me will activate a wish/desire to see it happen immediately and NOW. If it is God's will, it is NOW. As I look back on buying our first flat, it was the same. When I first view the unit (my current place), I was quite sure that the house was IT. But my then fiance and husband now do not think so and asked me ...

6 weeks plus & 4.5mm

I went to the gynae yesterday. For the first time, I heard and saw the baby's heartbeat through the ultrasound scan. It's quite amazing at this point. The gynae told me that the baby is not feeding from me yet, it is attached to a yolk and the yolk is where it draws its nutrients from. It's just great to think that when God created the reproduction system, God saw to every detail. I wonder where did the yolk come from and how it is attached to the baby. It's a mystery to me but it causes me to sing yet again in praise to God. When people heard that I was pregnant, they would expressed their excitement in WOWS & YAYS. For myself, I didn't had such an expression. When I found out that I was pregnant via the test kit, I went "Oh, I am pregnant" - as a matter of factly. Similarly, when Adrian found out that I was pregnant, he had the same response as me. We weren't into screaming the whole house/neighbourhood down. For us, it was sober and thoughtful. ...