Skip to main content

random

Ok, random and perhaps illogical posting for the day.

My strength is also my weakness. I am determined, strong-headed and stubborn like a bull. Determine is a strength because I tend to peservere under trying cirumstances and I'm not a quitter by nature. Strong Headed and stubborn are my weaknesses because I can be inflexible and at times tread insensitively breaking everything in the 'china shop'. It calls for balance and sometimes its tough. I've learnt, not to operate by my instinct. My instinct is to charge and the only way for balance is to rein in first before something gets broken by my instinctive reaction. I've been thinking, reflecting over the last few days about this area of strength as well as weakness of my life and I ask for that sancification in my life to continue. To make the strength more edifying and to make the weakness submitted to Christ. Not easy but necessary process of being consumed by the Holy Spirit.

I have another strength/weakness. It depends on how one sees it and how it is being applied. I can accept simple answers but not easy answers. The difference is one is simply how things are, the other is just something to appease. I don't know how to explain this well but I'll try. I'll ask questions like, why in some instances, Jesus said "if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you'll be able to uproot trees and move it into the sea?" yet when we apply it to our lives, that tree seem stuck on the ground? Is there something wrong with my faith or something wrong with God or with the tree?, Jesus also said, "Ask and you will receive, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be open." yet sometimes it seems our asking were turned on deaf ears.

I asked these questions because I believe it is relevant for my walk with Jesus. I don't pretend to say that I can understand or have fully grasped all the teachings in the bible. There are times i face the conflict between reality and faith.

As I sat through my morning devotions this morning, just thinking and reflecting. Many a times its how we understand time. Sometimes, when we pray, we expect answers to prayer almost immediately or at the next event that we have. I sensed this morning, the whisper of the Holy Spirit told me this. "I am in eternity, hence not ruled by time. You ask and you will receive, you seek and you will find, you knock and the door will be open. This is what you must do. As to how it will be answered, when it will be answered, through what situation it will be answered, it's determined by ME. All you have to do is to expect it to be answered."

Hence, it's not that God is not answering when we pray in faith, He may not answer now but it will be answered. The conflict is easily resolved and simply accepted. Yet the question must be asked for the answer to be given.

Faith expressed through obedience is to learn to wait patiently for God to make it happen. The apparent 'delay' is not a NO from Him but a pause for us to learn to keep trusting, to keep praying, to keep obeying.

Thank you Lord. . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's a girl!

Ok. after a long wait. Finally... the gynae is able to confirm that the baby is a girl. Although the disclaimer clause states 80% - 90% accuracy. :) Quite happy that every 'structure' is in place. She has 2 eyes, one nose, one mouth. two hands with five fingers on each hand, a beating heart, 2 kidneys, one stomach a brain... , one tiny head, feet measuring 3cm each and liver... (the nurse in the clinic used the word 'structure' so .....) The detailed scan is suppose to detect any abnormalities so the result so far is normal.... Curious to find out though what she will look like. I am thinking of keeping long hair for her but daddy says, no, short hair better. So, till then... we shall see. yup and not forgetting to keep praying for her to be a teachable and moldable kid and one who will love God always.

truth hurts but it heals too

2 nights ago, I asked a very close friend of mine if I am an insistent person. Haha.. without any second thoughts, she said yes. Wow, that drove a long nail right through my heart. If you ask, you'll get the answers. Of course, initially I would think to myself, I do not think I am an insistent person all the time but I only insist when I am sure about certain things close to my heart i.e. when I have been seeking God about it or it is IN my system due to long periods of conditioning e.g. spiritually or just my personal value system. That analysis certainly made me felt better but it also got me reflecting (truth heals). As I thought through, certainty about something for me will activate a wish/desire to see it happen immediately and NOW. If it is God's will, it is NOW. As I look back on buying our first flat, it was the same. When I first view the unit (my current place), I was quite sure that the house was IT. But my then fiance and husband now do not think so and asked me

6 weeks plus & 4.5mm

I went to the gynae yesterday. For the first time, I heard and saw the baby's heartbeat through the ultrasound scan. It's quite amazing at this point. The gynae told me that the baby is not feeding from me yet, it is attached to a yolk and the yolk is where it draws its nutrients from. It's just great to think that when God created the reproduction system, God saw to every detail. I wonder where did the yolk come from and how it is attached to the baby. It's a mystery to me but it causes me to sing yet again in praise to God. When people heard that I was pregnant, they would expressed their excitement in WOWS & YAYS. For myself, I didn't had such an expression. When I found out that I was pregnant via the test kit, I went "Oh, I am pregnant" - as a matter of factly. Similarly, when Adrian found out that I was pregnant, he had the same response as me. We weren't into screaming the whole house/neighbourhood down. For us, it was sober and thoughtful.