Skip to main content

put to the test

It's very interesting that yesterday I blogged about Christ being evidenced in my life, my relationships with others and blah blah blah.

During the LNY period, I had many family gatherings. On the 3rd day of LNY, I went back to my mum's home for dinner. My aunt (mum's younger sis) was there too. Just when I stepped into the house they were starting their dinner at about 6pm. She asked me to join them repeatedly, by the third 'call' I replied her in a rude tone and told her I'll eat later as I was not hungry. Yesterday my mum told me I should apologize for my tone, I explained that she was too naggy and gave her my reasons for retorting in that manner. After a day and a night of thinking, I think I should apologize. My husband also think I should. Well.. when more than one person think you should apologize, you better. I called her today to apologize for my tone of voice and to my surprise she didn't sound as annoyed as my mum had told me she was.

Well, put to the test. I'm glad I apologized. Walk the talk as the saying goes. It's not too bad afterall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stand Still and Let God Move

Stand Still - By The Isaacs The Father has a plan. Though it's hard to see it now You feel you're walking all alone. But He is there no doubt When the storm around you rages, And you're tossed to and fro When you're faced with life's decisions, Not sure which way to go Stand still and let God move, Standing still is hard to do When you feel you have reached the end, He'll make a way for you Stand still and let God move When the enemy surrounds you, And the walls are closing in When the tide is swiftly rising, And you wonder where He's been Friend, there never was a moment, That His arms weren't reaching out You can rest assured and be secure, God is moving right now Stand still and let God move, Standing still is hard to do When you feel you have reached the end, He'll make a way for you Stand still and let God move Go to youtube.com search for Stand Still + Isaacs. Very beautiful song with meaningful lyrics.

truth hurts but it heals too

2 nights ago, I asked a very close friend of mine if I am an insistent person. Haha.. without any second thoughts, she said yes. Wow, that drove a long nail right through my heart. If you ask, you'll get the answers. Of course, initially I would think to myself, I do not think I am an insistent person all the time but I only insist when I am sure about certain things close to my heart i.e. when I have been seeking God about it or it is IN my system due to long periods of conditioning e.g. spiritually or just my personal value system. That analysis certainly made me felt better but it also got me reflecting (truth heals). As I thought through, certainty about something for me will activate a wish/desire to see it happen immediately and NOW. If it is God's will, it is NOW. As I look back on buying our first flat, it was the same. When I first view the unit (my current place), I was quite sure that the house was IT. But my then fiance and husband now do not think so and asked me ...

6 weeks plus & 4.5mm

I went to the gynae yesterday. For the first time, I heard and saw the baby's heartbeat through the ultrasound scan. It's quite amazing at this point. The gynae told me that the baby is not feeding from me yet, it is attached to a yolk and the yolk is where it draws its nutrients from. It's just great to think that when God created the reproduction system, God saw to every detail. I wonder where did the yolk come from and how it is attached to the baby. It's a mystery to me but it causes me to sing yet again in praise to God. When people heard that I was pregnant, they would expressed their excitement in WOWS & YAYS. For myself, I didn't had such an expression. When I found out that I was pregnant via the test kit, I went "Oh, I am pregnant" - as a matter of factly. Similarly, when Adrian found out that I was pregnant, he had the same response as me. We weren't into screaming the whole house/neighbourhood down. For us, it was sober and thoughtful. ...